I was talking to Brad earlier and said in response to going over a life to-do list, “just make sure you don’t get so overwhelmed in all that that you miss the blessings and the good stuff.”
Life, man. We all have stressors and adulting seems to keep happening more than I would like over here. Plenty of good, plenty of so-so, but sometimes great life decisions can be just as overwhelming as bad just because it can be heavy.
I have learned and am learning to really see and notice my blessings from the tiniest things to big obvious things. As we were driving home from Whole Foods today in the pouring rain, I thought, “man, I am thankful our car doesn’t leak when it’s raining!’ I had one of those once.
Legs that move and arms that love. A brain that is capable of learning whatever I put my mind to and wipers that work well to wipe that rain.
Blessings. Goodness. They are all around us. We just have to see them. We have to put our phones down long enough to see where we are walking. The flowers that bloom. The trees that grow. Puppy dog kisses and scents that smell good.
Look around where you are right down and tell me ten good things you can currently see that is good. It can be what seems silly or what seems obvious.
- Brad relaxing.
- Good music that is streaming from Brad’s phone to the TV (actually I’m not too sure about this current song…)
- Vern and Santa that is sitting on my chest and his little paw and growl trying to get my attention.
- Peggy resting and feeling so much better.
- My fiddle leaf plant that I have had a few months and it is thriving even with a change from the kitchen to the living room.
- My diffuser blend (cloves, R.C., nutmeg and cinnamon bark).
- The white fuzzy blanket on the ottoman across the room from me. I love that thing.
- Vern’s bowtie.
- Quilts that my grandmother made and my aunts quilted.
I’d love to hear yours. Tell me yours in the comments and I will add them to this post.
See you tomorrow,
ANd my commenters blessings are:
Fall decorations…pumpkin spice almond milk creamer…dark nail polish..a child with just the right amount of sweet n sassy…a husband who commutes 2.5 hrs a day to provide for his family…a gym that opens at 4 am for the insomiac in me…parents who have turned into the world’s BEST grandparents
10 Blessings I can see right now around me:
1. Me. I battled cancer last year and I’m still here to count my many blessings.
2. My adult daughter who still lives at home just said “I love you” on her way to bed.
3. I have 2 great books in front of me and I’m reading both of them…The Anti Anxiety diet by Ali Miller, super excited about this one. Have lots of anxiety due to last year’s cancer diagnosis and a cozy mystery
4. First fire in the fireplace this season
5. The dishwasher is washing the dishes my teenager loaded for me…and it’s working.
6. Just got a text from my cousin who is excited to see me next weekend
7. My old man pug is laying in his bed next to me
8. My younger pug is cuddled up and snoring on the couch
9. My son went to bed without arguing
10. It’s fall and next Saturday is my birthday and I get to didn’t it with my most favorite people on earth!
Late evening sunshine filtering thru my blinds